Sunday, November 15, 2009

Halloween FUN!

Taiya wanted to be a ladybug for halloween. We feel in love with the ladybug costume on the front of the Pottery Barn magazine. I just couldn't justify the price. So I cut the picture out of the magazine and that became my inspiration and pattern for the ladybug costume. I took both the girls to JoAnn's with me to find all the stuff we would need. Brynne got so excited, that I bought enough to make her a costume too. I invested too many hours into making 2 sets of the tutus, wings, and headbands. By the time I finally finished I couldn't hardly wait for the girls to try them on. Well, Taiya wore hers everyday and totally loved it. To this day Brynne still hasn't put her whole costume on. For some reason she wasn't digging the ladybug costume. I didn't feel like forcing her into her costume this year. So I let her wear what she wanted. I just figure this will make a great story to remember. I really had a great time making them. I surprised myself that I could actually do it. It was fun to see them come together even without a pattern.

My Princess ladybug!

I found these red glitter ruby shoes at Target. They went perfect with the red glitter headband, I thought they finished off the costume perfectly.
All of us at the Trunk or Treat enjoying some hot cocoa.

We found this little pioneer dress in a friends dress up bucket. Brynne totally loves this dress. This is what she wore instead of the ladybug costume. Cracked me up!

By the time we made it down to Grandma's trunk of treat she decided to put on her tutu and shoes, better then nothing. She really couldn't make up her mind. I would post more pictures of Brynne, but in all of them she has her head turned away. She wasn't in the mood for taking pictures.

Princess Ladybug Taiya and Her Grandma "Grape" at the Trunk or Treat! Grandma had us over for a yummy dinner before we all headed down to the church to load up on too much candy. It was a fun little halloween. We were glad it didn't rain.





4 comments:

Callie, Shawn and Braxton said...

so cute! I love the costumes. You're very, very creative. Hope all is well.

Janelle said...

wow I am impressed by the costumes good job! Olivia was a Cinderella for our trunk or treat on the 30th and by halloween she decided that she wanted to be a lady bug so we pulled out her costume from last year and she was a lady bug again! Crazy girls, yours are getting so big!!!

sarefamily said...

I love it!!! The girls look so cute!!! You did a great job, as always!!! Being thrifty is so much more fun than just buying it!!!! You are a great mommy!! I sure wish we lived closer so we could do projects together!! How's the doll house coming???

Isaak and Jackie said...

man you are a great semstress!