Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Pillowcase Dresses

I just wanted to do a little show and tell. I ventured out of my comfort zone and picked up a pattern for making these dresses. These dresses are made from my Great Great Grandma's pillowcases. She did a fabulous job hand embroidering them 50 plus years ago, so I wanted to find a way to showcase them. With my pattern I made the bodice and added it to the pillowcase. All and all I was pleased with the way they turned out. I loved taking the girls to church in their homemade dresses. Can I just say girls are so much fun!!! Thank you Great Great Grandma!!!

Brynne - 2 1/2 years
Taiya - 4 years

9 comments:

Unknown said...

SUPER CUTE!

Callie, Shawn and Braxton said...

way fun. Congrats. They look great.

doni said...

What a great idea. They are so cute!

Isaak and Jackie said...

man those are darling what talent and creativity.

Harris said...

cute little dresses! i have heard of pillowcase dresses, but didn't really think much of them...super cute!

Chemene said...

Those are so awesome. I love them. Your girls look like so much fun.

sarefamily said...

Good job- I am impressed with your skills!!!! I want to see a close up of them. I am tripping out on how big Brynne is!!! Oh my gosh!! She totally looks like a little girl now!! Time flies-- I think the girls (& you) need to come visit me!!!!! :)

Kami said...

Great Job! They look sooo cute! Way to be all crafty! What a great way to enjoy something so special.

Veronica said...

THose are really cute and what a great idea. Nice job and great way of keeping your grandma's memory in them.