Saturday, November 28, 2009

Disney On Ice

I had been waiting anxiously for the last 2 months to take the girls to Disney on Ice . I couldn't tell them about it until the day before, because that's all they could think about until we got there. We had such a great time. I told the girls they could dress up like princesses if they wanted to. Taiya got super excited and went all out as you can see in the pictures. Brynne put on a dress and asked for some sparkly eye polish.

Here's Princess #1. She had all the princess essentials. A high barrel bun, a huge pink flower, pink tights, make-up, white tutu, princess shoes, pink coat, and even matching nail polish. It scared me a bit to see her so dolled up. My Dad's famous words would apply here: "Did you buy the baseball bat to go with it?"

The pink plastic dress-up shoes were not the best idea. I didn't have the heart to tell her no. So I had to piggy back her everywhere. Picture this, I carried both girls from the car into the building, Brynne in my arms and Taiya on my back. My arms were throbing by the time we made it in. But it was definetly worth it.


Here's Princess #2. She's in heaven with her very own bucket of Mickey popcorn. Don't ask me how much that cost. Too much!!! Brynne decided to wear her Chrsitmas dress from last year. She looked really cute with her sparkly make-up, curly ponytail and white princess shoes. Anyways, I wish I had more pictures of Brynne but as you can see she turns her head in all of them.


These Disney friends were the welcoming act who got the show started. The girls were squealing when they skated out. They really put on a great show.


Lightining McQueen and friends did a fun little rally. They were followed by the Little Mermaid then the Lion King and it ended with Tinkerbell. There was a lot of great skating and musical songs.

Here's the girls and our friends we met up with just waiting for the show to start. Our seats were on the side almost at the top. But it didn't seem to matter, the show was easy to see. This wasn't Aaron's thing, so he took the opportunity to go snowmobile in the new powder we had just gotten. It was a perfect girls night out.

10 comments:

SSToone said...

Wow! One awesome mom who can do Taiya's goldie locks up so beautifully! Looks like you all had a great time!

Unknown said...

Oh- How fun! It looked and sounded like they had a wonderful time! :)

Chemene said...

That looks like so much fun! Your girls make adorable princesses. I also love the ladybug costume you made. So cute.

Lanae said...

There isn't much more that a girl could ask for. An evening of being a princess is what every little girl wants. I'm glad you all had fun!

The Bee Family said...

How fun! Your girls are so cute. We miss you guys

Kami said...

Yep. you're gonna need a baseball bat! Looks like so much fun!

Rachel {RandR Workshop} said...

Hi Lori!

I hope you guys are doing well and had a great Christmas.

I heard about your house..hope you are doing ok.

Roslyn said...

Taiya and Brynne are so adorable! I can't believe how much they have grown since the last time I saw them.

Quinn said...

How fun! What a great Girls Night Out!

Tara said...

We just went to that last weekend with all the cousins on my husbands side. I don't think I have ever seen that many kids all in one place before but it was fun. It looks like you had better seats than us from your pictures.