Tuesday, September 1, 2009

A Favorite Summer Memory

Before summer gets to far away, I thought I better share some pics. of our fun little outing. It's become a Stafford tradition to hike up to Green Water Lakes each summer. It's a gradual 2 mile hike so we think it's perfect for the kiddos. The girls were so excited to hike with their cousins. This is Taiya and her cousin Brayden. I love catching unknown pics.

Taiya chillin' on a huge fallen tree. Where she ate her yummy tinfoil dinner. Aaron and I stayed with Brynne who started out walking, but she eventually ended up like this. We weren't too suprised. The only problem with giving Brynne a shoulder ride is she had stepped in dog poop twice so things were a little smelly.

THere are few of these cool bridges. It's such a scenic hike that follows the river.
Brynne feeding Papa Doritos. I love that her mouth is open while giving him a bite.

Brynne taking her sweet time. We had plenty of time to take lots of pictures.

Our little hiker did really well. She was so proud of herself, check out her little hiking boots. I didn't get many hiking pics. of Taiya, she left us in the dust, so she could keep up with her cousins.











10 comments:

SSToone said...

Awesome! You captured some really great pictures! Brynne is so cute and yes Taiya was literally running with Brayden. It was a beautiful day!

The Bee Family said...

Lori- I love that Hike. It looks like you had a lot of fun. Your girls are so cute.

Unknown said...

Spending time outdoors is a "must" for kids- Even though they might slow down the hike! Super fun- and your girls are getting big & of course they are adorable!

Brandon and Emily said...

Looks like a great hike. Sam saw the photos and wants to go on a hike with Taiya. We will have to get together sometime.

Kami said...

Looks like a lot of fun! We love being outside, I hate that summer is ending!

Lanae said...

That is a great hike! It was one of my families favorites while I was growing up. The last time we went Sam was a baby, we need to go again. It's beautiful and easy enough. I'm glad you had fun.

Heidi said...

That was a fun hike. I am glad it has become a family tradition. It's also fun to take our tin foil dinners up there. It will be so fun to hear our kids when they are older talk about the good times we had hiking and other things we did together.

Lisa said...

How fun! I LOVE this hike. We live in a great state!

Tom and Tara Lyman said...

Hey Lori,

I once had your email, but I guess I've lost it. Can you email me at taralyman2@hotmail.com so I can add you to my contact list?
thanks.

sarefamily said...

awww... looks like fun. I LOVE the pic of Brynne feeding Aaron with her mouth open. Classic!! I am glad you squeezed in one pic of you too. Us mom's get left out of all the pictures because we are the ones who think to take them!! Love ya and miss ya!