Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Our Hawaii Getaway

For our seventh Anniversary, Aaron and I went to the Big Island of Hawaii for six days. The best part is, Aaron had been planning this trip for months. I found out a week before we left. I was pretty impressed he picked the coolest resort ever, bought tickets, and even lined up his sister Steph and husband Chris to take the girls for us. (you guys are the best THANKS so MUCH!!!)


We spent the first 3 night here at the Hilton. I have never seen such a cool resort. It spands a mile wide. So they had a tram, riverboat or walking museum you would take to get from one end of the resort to the other.They had everything we needed right there, snorkeling, dolphins, mini golf, water front restaurants, hottubs, pools ect. It was so relaxing and felt like a dream.

This was the view from our back deck.
I loved the amazing blue clear water of the ocean. On the Big lsland there is a ton of lava rock everywhere. It looks so cool when the waves splash over it.
We were out exploring one day and this is what we passed on the side of the road. We're not so sure what you would call him, but we refer to him as the LavaRAM.
We spent the rest of our trip on the other side of the island in Pahoa. Yea!!! We got to spend a couple days at Kyra's (my bestfriend from high school) with her husband Josh and their sweet babies. It was so fun to finally see their beautiful home they built. They spoiled us with some amazing BarBQ. Kyra and I spent way too long looking back at old pictures and having plenty to laugh about. I love picking up right where we left off.


Everything was so green and tropical on this side of the island. I thought Washington was green. Ha!
Josh and Kyra were our tourguides for a couple days. They showed us some of their favortie beaches. On our way there we got to do a little jeepin in the jungle. We also saw some beautiful waterfalls, great lava cliffs, and huge waves. The last night we were there we hiked to the valcanoe. From a distance we could see where the lava meets the ocean. I was suprised how much red glowing steam comes up.
Here I got my first view of surfers. I loved watching the waves come in.


I thought the tide-pools were so cool. They fill up depending on the tide. We swam in these for awhile, the water was really quite warm.
It was a dream come true. I loved spending some getaway time with my honey. Aaron, thanks for the amazing trip. Your the best, Happy Anniversary!!! Thanks to everyone who made this trip possible. Now it's back to real life.

12 comments:

Brandon and Emily said...

What a fun trip and a great husband! Way to go Aaron!

Callie, Shawn and Braxton said...

That's great. I'm impressed your hubby did all the plans, also. What a fun surprise, but even better vacation. Happy Anniversary!

Janelle said...

Wow so much fun! I love Hawaii I need to go with Chris someday! That is awesome that Aaron planned it by himself. I do think it is crazy that it is your 7th anniversary we are so not that old! Looks like you had fun!

Kami said...

Congrats on 7 years!! We just celebrated our 4th. We just went camping in Georgetown though. Looks like you had an awesome time! It's nice to get away from kids for a while. Cool that you got to see Kyra too. Glad you had fun, welcome back!

Unknown said...

Hawaii looks AWESOME! How fun that you got to go & see Kyra too! :)
Happy 7th Anniversary!

Colette said...

So fun!!! Getaways with your hubby are the best! Glad you had such a great time! See you in August!

doni said...

How fun! Glad you got to have such a fun trip. I love vacations!

Ashley and Dave said...

I am so jealous! It looks like so much fun! And holy cow...you are have such a rockin body...you are one hot mama! :)

Veronica said...

Wow, that looks amazing. Happy 7th year anniversary!!! What a great husband to have planned it all out.

JLB Family said...

I am so jealous!!!! Hey, so when are you going to come to visit us? We would love to see you!!

Isaak and Jackie said...

Hawaii is an amazing place what a sweet anniversary surprise for you. I am glad you guys got to get away. I just read your comment today on my blog and unfortunately we are leaving tomorrow to head back to UT for a couple of weeks before we move to ID. I regret that we didn't get together I am sure it would have been a blast but next time we are here we'll have to make something happen

Lisa said...

How Fun! Aren't husbands the best?