Saturday, December 6, 2008

Our Thanksgiving Traditions!!!

This year it was our turn to spend Thanksgiving with my mom. I wanted to go a week early, since a hadn't done my yearly visit yet. So we made arrangements for Aaron to fly down for Thanksgiving, and then ride back with us. I drove the girls in Aaron's BIG red truck down to Idaho. It took me 2 days. About 16 1/2 hours. We made alot of potty stops for Taiya. I was somewhat nervous about this venture. But it actually turned out pretty good. The roads and the girls were thankfully good. We had fun hanging out with Grandma Sheryl. We all got sick for the first week. But by the time everyone else showed up, we were feeling up to socializing. Fun to catch up with everyone. It was amazing to see how fast our Thanksgiving meal was prepared. There were so many to help. Our Thanksgiving Traditions at Grandma Sheryl's include:

- A Great Turkey Dinner

- Lots of Board Games

- A Few Family Runs

- A Clay Pidgeon Shoot

- Volleyball @ the Church Gym

- A Studebaker's Pizza Visit

- And our new tradition - Visiting Dad


Grandma Sheryl and Taiya!

A Great Turkey Dinner!

Mom & Me

Our Studebaker's Pizza Visit!

The Clay Pidgeon Shoot!

Taiya with Papa and her shooting earmuffs.

Visiting Dad!

15 comments:

Susan said...

I enjoyed hearing about your Thanksgiving traditions and seeing the pics. Thanks for sharing!

Jess said...

I love tradition. It's fun to see what other families do and how similar some things are and different things too....I love getting ideas for new traditions.

Isaak and Jackie said...

I love family traditions it makes things so enjoyable. Looks like you had a great time and way to be brave and travel by yourself for 16.5 hours glad you made it safely sorry you got sick!

SSToone said...

Such great pictures of you guys! Lori, lookin' good - love that picture of you and your mom! Cute pics of the girls with Aaron as well. Looks like you had an eventful time! Can't forget the "tradition" of getting sick! Excited to see you guys soon. McKelle and Brynne will have to watch some Elmo!

Unknown said...

Too bad I didn't know you were hom over Thanksgiving- It would have been fun to see you! :) I am glad that you had a great time (besides getting sick, which we did as well over thanksgiving!). By the way, I am not sure if I have told you or not but my new blog address is 2002forever.blogspot.com & I went private so email me your email so I can invite you
(aalee38@wmconnect.com) I hope all is well- Amber

behka said...

Glad you had a good thanksgiving. Nothing is better than being with family!

Harris said...

it looks like you had a blast over thanksgiving...family is the best!! i agree, it is fun all the diff, traditions!!

Elizabeth said...

Looks like you had a nice holiday!

Veronica said...

Sounds like some very nice Thanksgiving traditions. It is so fun to have traditions and share them with your own little family.

doni said...

Sounds like so much fun. Those earmuffs look like Damon's. He likes to take trips to the gun range sometimes, too.

The Bee Family said...

Your family is so cute. I'm glad that you had a good thanksgiving. We miss ya

Bryson said...

Looks like some fun. I bet people were surprised to see you driving the truck when you passed. Glad all went well. Nice jacket
Noraa too bad you don't live 15 minutes away from Klim's headquarters like me.

Kami said...

Sounds like a lot of fun! I love the pizza tradition! You look really great in all the pictures, you are so pretty! I'm glad you had such a great Thanksgiving!

Stafford said...

Lori, you are so beautiful I just had to comment on your rockin style!!! A fabulously trendy girl with her head on straight is hard to come by!

sarefamily said...

Hey girl- glad you made it to good old BL safe, since I caught you talkin on your cell while you drove!!! NAw, just teasin. I am glad that you had fun though. I was just flipping through the pics of our trip to your house a few days ago. I sure wish I could come back again!! I still gotta send the pics to you, I realized that I never did!!! Hope you guys have a great Christmas and happy birthday to Brynne. She must be cool to have a b-day on the 19th!! Luv ya!!