Tuesday, April 20, 2010

A Little Bit of Everything

The last month was filled with many random things. So I have lots of pictures to share. This is our new sweet puppy Hazel. Taiya's new best friend. She's already grown a ton since this picture. Too bad they grow so fast. Somehow I got convinced we needed another dog, but Hazel is such a good pup already, it's really been fun. So I now take care of 2 dogs, 10 fish, 2 frogs, 1 snail, 1 husband, 2 girls and 1 more girl on the way. Due August 25th.
Taiya turned 5 on March 23rd I can hardly believe my baby is 5. Although, Taiya has always been mature for her age. We held a birthday party for her at a super fun jumpy house. All the kiddos from preschool and church came to play.

These kabobs worked out perfectly. The kids didn't have to stop and have a sit down meal, they could take one of these on the run. We also had meat and cheese kabobs too. Taiya and Brynne had fun making these.

I made an oversized cupcake for Taiya's birthday. She thought that was pretty cool. We had lots of family over for cake and ice cream. Grandma and Grandpa Stafford got her the new dress and headband she's wearing. It only took seconds for her to change into it. She truly looked like a princess on her birthday.
March is the month of birthdays. On March 31st we celebrated Aaron's birthday. He's 31 this year. We went to his favorite place in Seattle to get Brazilian food at the Inpanema Grill. I didn't have my camera so sorry - no pics.
This picture sums Brynne up. She is such a PRINCESS who loves the dirt. She'll only wear dresses and always wants her hair long "like a princess" she says. Anyways, I love that she'll throw on her rubber boots and play in one of the many dirt piles we have around here.
Here's our current sandbox. Brynne played on this hill for hours. The sandbox equipment is Aaron's from his sandbox days. Aaron still plays with equipment just on a much larger scale.
The girls love riding in the trailer while Aaron mows the lawn. This trailer has come in super handy. He put our extra snowmobile seat in the back so they can sit down. They'll cruise like this for hours. Aaron has to make frequent stops though, so he can let Taiya out to catch all the frogs hoppin around. Can I just say that I love living out in the country. I'm not sure we would fit in anywhere else.
The girls are emptying their candy from their eggs. They got way too much. I think we'll be eating Easter candy on 4th of July.
Every General Conference I pull out my bow making stuff and make bows for a couple of days. Good thing I'm having another girl, because I have way too many bows.
This river is about 2 miles from our property. Aaron and the girls love to take the dogs for a swim here. Notice she actually has pants on. Under her dress of course. It's such a fight to get her in pants I guess we actually won this day.

My little family freezing at the river.
We had a fun FHE we snowmobilied to a cabin at Govenment Meadows. Everyone had a great time. The girls were begging to do it again. Aaron and Brynne riding.
Taiya and I on the ride up.
My G-ma turned 90 this year, so all of the extended family got together in Sun City, AZ to celebrate. We arrived on April 9th and returned on the 11th. It was a quick weekend trip. We left the girls with Aaron's parents. Thanks Don and Sue.
Can I just say I have the coolest G-ma ever. I want to be just like her. She has so much energy and enthusiasum for life. She is a very talented, classy lady. It was a treat to visit. Too bad it was only for a short weekend.

Aaron and I took G-ma's peddle boat for a ride on the lake. (No worries Kyra the swans didn't attack us.) Just soaking in the sunshine.

This was at the yummy lunch celebration. We are sitting with Rachel and her new husband Warren. Taiya saw this picture of Aaron and said, "wow papa you look handsome." I'd have to agree. He cleans up well.
Saturday night we took the girls to the Spring fair in Puyallup. It had been raining all day but thankfully held off for a few rides.


The girls can't get enough of the rollercoasters. They even put their hands in the air and squeal. It shouldn't surprise me that they aren't scared, I guess they've been on dirtbikes and quads since they were babies. One cool thing about being a parent, I never knew it would be more fun to watch my girls go on rides then to go myself.

10 comments:

Colette said...

Love the update... it was so fun to see you guys in AZ. I'm loving Brynne in her dresses with boots - that is totally Grace too! :)

Callie, Shawn and Braxton said...

Congrats on baby girl on the way. That's exciting!! I love the bows, they are way cute, and of course you're girls are adorable as always. Glad to see you guys having fun. Happy Birthday today!!

sarefamily said...

holy cow, I hate my computer... I just typed this horribly long comment and then the computer told me 'unable to process'. grrrr..... anyways, another girl!!! You are going to be a princess mommy pro!!! u r my 3rd friend having their 3rd girl right now. I think it is just girl season or something!!! I have been wondering what you found out for weeks now, so I am glad to finally find out. As for you, I think I hate you for looking so beautiful while you are preggers..... seriously? I think you look better preggers than I do normal. Is it okay to hate you for that??? :) Oh my gosh, I was laughing before I even saw the caption on the petal boat picture. Seriously, instant flash back.... and I just had all the arizona pics out the other day and I was laughing SOOOOO hard. We were dorks!! Remember the rollerblading around the lake for hours because of 'boy issues' hahahaha..... so funny. That was a great trip. I swear grandma hasn't changed a bit. does she actually age???? Great post, I am glad to see what you have been up to!!!! I miss you terribly!!!! luvs and happy birthday!!!

Unknown said...

Congrats on baby girl #3!
What fun you guys have- love the update! :)

Veronica said...

Cute pictures. Congrats on your Pregnancy. 3 girls, that is awesome!

JLB Family said...

Wow, you have been up to a lot! Brazilian food sounds yummy. Happy B-day to both and congrates on another girl, I am sure the next one will be a boy. ;)

The Bee Family said...

YEAH! I'm so excited for you. Girls are so much fun. It is so fun seeing all your pictures it makes me miss you and being out in Enumclaw.

Jayson & Carrie said...

Cute pictures!! Yay for baby girl #3! And if you have her a day early it will be on my birthday. ;) All those girls! No wonder Aaron pulls out all the dirt & equipment... needs some dirt in there! haha jk Glad you are having so much fun, love you!

Melanie said...

Congrats Lori, I am so excited for you. Hazel and Carhart are so much fun to play with. Your girls are so cute, adorable, please tell them that their Melanie says hi and I love and miss you all. I can;t wait to get together soon, do not worry I am almost done with school- we have lots of time together and I love playing with your girls, thanks. Have great day. Tayia, happy birthday and Brynne and Tayia you are both princesses. Some time you can come say hi to Tuffy- she is doing excellent. I love the update. See you soon,
love
Mels

Mels said...

You girls are so cute, I will miss them while I am in Utah, but do now worry Brynne and Taiya when I get back we have lots of time to play! love and miss you and congrats, I am so excited for you that you haveing another daughter.